Thursday, December 14, 2006

Trans-Siberian Splitting Headache


Hey look, it's me, and my extremely messy apartment (mental note: clean something). I couldn't find white fishnets anywhere. Even my failsafe, Hot Topic, has failed me. But I found purple and black ones, and they go swimmingly with this dress, which is now called sexiest dress ever. Its all silky smooth. Feels like I'm wearing lingerie in public, which is hawt sauce. <3>
Me and mom went to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra show tonight. At the risk of sounding like a 12 year old...the show was like totally awesome, and omgwtf FANFUCKINTASTIC!!! There were a lot of strobe lights though, and consequently my brain is about to explode. Go go advil to my rescue.
Story time: about 2 months ago, my mom calls me up and goes "Hey sarah, wanna go see the Nutcracker with your aunt and your grandma?" I say "uh....no?" And she's like "Well...wanna see the trans-siberian orchestra instead?" "Heck yes!" So, she's supposed to get the tickets, and then we'll go on the 14th. Brilliant plan, except for the fact that I forgot she's MY MOTHER, and she's...wait, that should be enough to explain. Turns out that, about 2 weeks ago, me and mom are out at dinner, and i say something about how excited I am about getting to see the TSO. Mom's like "uh-huh, me too" and realizes she has totally forgotten and doesn't have tickets. Being my mother, she can't just admit she fucked up. So mom goes on this huge ordeal which she would be happy to tell you about in detail but that just annoys me so i won't recount it here, and she gets the last two tickets in the place, which aren't next to each other. They're in the same section, but not the same row. I know nothing of this sordid plot against my enjoyment...until tonight, when we have just ENTERED THE BUILDING, and mom's like "I need to tell you something". My response: "I'm going to kill you after the show. Rip off your head with my teeth. Rawr." Sooo, we take our seats, show starts, and we're not next to each other. However, half way through the show, the people next to mom leave...so I got to climb down stadium seating in my fishnets and combat boots. It was all pretty exciting, but, someone remind me that my mother is a flake the next time I forget.
The show was fantastic. The music is incredible, and the special effects were unparalleled (except by the Blue Man Group, which I stick by still). And it's now past midnight, and I work a double tomorrow. I'm gonna go crash in a bed or a chair or the floor...whichever I make it to first.

No comments: