Wednesday, December 27, 2006

This is not your mother's tech-support

I sell video games and video game related crap. I do not work tech-support. There are lots of very good reasons for this, namely that I don't get paid enough. Just because the listing in the phone book has the word "game" in it, doesn't mean you can call me up with your bullshit problems. For instance:

Caller: "How do you get the hard drive off the 360?"
Me: "You push the button on the hard drive and pull it up. It's easy."
Caller: "There's no button."
Me: "Yes there is. I'm looking at a hard drive right now, and there's a button."
Caller: "What's the hard drive?"
Me: "...The silver protrusion on the top of the 360 that has HDD printed on it."
Caller: "I don't see it."
Me: "It's silver. It's RIGHT THERE. It has HDD on it."
Caller: "You're not helping. I'll just figure it out myself." *click*


You also can not call us if you don't have a question. We're not here just to have a conversation with you, unless we know you. Really, i swear, we don't care about what you just did in Halo, or that you got a new ps2.

Caller: "I bought a PS2 on december 11th."
Me: "OK."
Caller: "I have my receipt."
Me: "Ok..."
Caller: "I bought a warranty with it."
Me: "Is there anything wrong with it?"
Caller: "No."
Me: "Uh, ok. Did you have...a question, or something?"
Caller: "I bought a PS2."
Me: "Ok....can you hold?"
Me to Joe: "Joe, can you take Line 1?"


Apparently as soon as Christmas is officially over, everyone takes the last week of the year off to be a complete fuckstick. Please, for the love of all that is holy, STAY AT HOME AND DON'T CALL ANYONE. Just be an ass in front of your cat or something.

No comments: