Saturday, December 30, 2006

No Preface Required

Me: "Thank you for calling gamestop, etc etc"
Caller: "Do you have a Playstation 360?"
Me: "No. There's no such thing. I have an XBOX360 and a Playstation 3."
Caller: "My son wants a Playstation 360. He's been wanting one all holiday season."
Me: "I'm sorry, but there's no such thing. We have both of the other systems like I said."
Caller: "There's an article about the Playstation 360 in IGN magazine."
Me: "...No, there's not. IGN is a website." /sigh "You may have read about both of the systems. There's articles everywhere about them."
Caller: "Can I talk to the Playstation Manager?"
Me: "No, no you can't. We don't have a Playstation Manager."
Caller: "Well I need to talk to someone in charge of Playstation."
Me: "Fine, here's the Sony phone number: *sony phone # here*"
Caller: "Ok, thanks. What's a WII?"
Me: "Wii is Nintendo's new console."
Caller: "I didn't ask who made it. I asked what it was."
Me: "...It's Nintendo's new console. That's what it is."
Caller: "I don't understand."
Me: "Ok...."
Caller: "Look, Nevermind. I'll try that phone number you gave me. They'll tell me."
Me: "Ok then! Good luck."
Caller: "O, If I buy a Playstation 3 and an XBOX 360, can I hook them together to make a Playstation 360?"
Me: "NO! NO YOU CAN'T! They are TWO SEPARATE things. They do not go together in any way at all."
Caller: "Ok. Bye." *click*

2 comments:

Michal said...

I'm sure glad I don't have to deal with that junk anymore. But, I have to wonder... that sounds an awful lot like a prank call there...

Anonymous said...

My call was not a prank call thank you. How dare you question the almighty IGN magazine.