Saturday, March 17, 2007

unbalanced

For an entire year of highschool, every pen I had exploded. And not the normal, out-the-tip, ink explosion. My pens exploded out the back end. Without fail, for the entire year. I must have gone through a record number of pens. I have assumed that this sort of ritual bizarre happenstance means I'm out of balance with something; my chi or whatever isn't jiving with the...technology? pens? I don't know. But it can't be pure "chance" when it is so systematic. After that year, the pen problem ceased, and now me and writing instruments get along swimmingly.

As I've expressed previously, my apartment is having an aquatic issue. The ceiling continually leaks. I'm starting to get accustomed to seeing that tell-tale water stain in the plaster. And it really has gotten out of control. It's sort of slipped into it's own terrible realm of surrealness. And tonight...tonight, as I'm leaving work, I see a group of guys staring at the mall ceiling. (It's been raining all day here) And there it is: the tell-tale water stain. The mall ceiling is leaking! Drip, drip, drip. The all-too-familiar nightmare sound of water where it isn't supposed to be.

So what am I to surmise from this? That, by some odd coincidence, the mall is leaking after years of never having that problem? But if it isn't some sort of coincidence, then what is it? Some sort of cosmic force fucking with me, just for the hell of it? Am i out of balance with WATER, or something? Maybe buildings? Honestly, I'd try hard to fix it if I only knew what the hell was wrong with me.

Maybe it's some sort of sign that I need to change something in my life. Make a new decision, turn a new course. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention to the cosmic directions.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I think that it's not you that's out of sync with your life aquatic, bursting pens, and whatnot, but perhaps it's just that things fall apart? Things constantly break down when I use them too much...or not enough...or they simply undergo spontaneous combustion. ZOMG, KABOOM. I don't think it's because of my actions that they combust, unless I consciously force things to burst... I think that it's the cosmic truth of "Shit Happens, Frequently." So don't blame yourself, k? :S