Thursday, March 8, 2007

Identity Crisis

My apartment wants to be a pool.

I respect entities who want to "think outside the box", and are willing to challenge conventional notions in order to get what they want from life. But I'm not sure I can get behind something this life changing. I mean, for one thing, it's one apartment built into an entire apartment building. Really, how would you walk away from that? That's like being a siamese twin and wanting to be a bird. Just doesn't work.

This has been going on periodically since we moved into this apartment, but recently it's become an epidemic. Thankfully the main rooms have been spared from the deluge. But it's annoying to have to get the ceiling replaced, in the same place, multiple times. Yesterday morning, I woke up to find our kitchen ceiling leaking water, mushy bits of plaster decorating the tile floor. Today, the sound of pouring water led me to the bathroom where water was raining through the light fixture. The light fixture!! Name me one thing about that situation that could be described as "positive".

The woman at the rental office assured me that they would make all the repairs necessary. Well, duh. That's not really my concern at this point. I figure I'll give it two more waterfalls before I get medieval on their asses.

As for the apartment itself, I figure it can be a pool after we move out, that way I can visit it in the summer, and perpetrate our relationship in an optimal manner. Just please, spare the expensive electronics.

No comments: