Thursday, April 5, 2007

Shameless Solicitation

Hey there, bestest people in the whole wide world! *insert huge innocent grin here* You may remember me from such blogs as this one, and that other one. But that's not important. Tonight, I've come to talk to you about a subject close to my heart: cancer. Leukemia and Lymphoma, to be precise.

Some of you may know a certain "misplaced yankee" by the name of Jimmy Barnell (James Barrell to the uninitiated). Well, his esteemed and excellent girlfriend, Heather Elliott, is currently abusing her poor body with regular bouts of crazed marathon running. I know, she's crazy. But she's crazy in a good way. She's doing all this unnatural physical activity to prepare for a real, honest to gods, marathon on april 28th. This marathon is part of an effort to earn money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. And to do this marathon, Heather needs money. In fact, she needs like $4500 worth of money.

I'm not rich. You're not rich. None of us go home at night and roll in mountains of money. But, I'll let you in on a secret: money adds up. Amazing, I know. So, I'm not asking you for money. That would be wrong. And if I were asking you to contribute money to this worthiest of worthy causes, I wouldn't be asking you to do it in copious amounts. Maybe like $10, maybe $20. It wouldn't be much, but it doesn't have to be. In the tried and true words of our annoying parents, "a little goes a long way".

To learn more about what you can do for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society fundraiser (LLS for short), email Heather herself at jhelliot30@yahoo.com or donate money at http://www.active.com/donate/tntenc/tntencJElliot .

3 comments:

Michal said...

Unfortunately, the fund raiser link is no longer valid.

TheHate said...

there, i fixed the link. i apparently can't type straight.

Michal said...

Thanks :D. Straight's overrated anyhow.