Monday, January 29, 2007

Home-comings, Overheard conversations, and sundries.



So I've returned from vacation. I'm alive, mom's alive, the car is unharmed, and I still have enough money to pay rent. We call that *ding ding ding* a WIN. We visited Charleston, Beaufort, Savannah, and Tybee Island. It was not a route I would have chosen for myself, since I avoid the South like the plague (yes, I realize I live in the South by some people's calculations. Shut. Up.), but it was very beautiful and I'm glad I got to go. I don't think I'd go back to South Carolina again, because it scares the shit out of me, but Georgia is a definite return spot. I have many pictures, snippets of which will pop up in this blog forthwith, and many stories, all of which I'm willing to share. I'm contemplating printing out my digital photos (shocked gasp) and making a travel log like I used to. We'll see how that turns out.

I'm making plans to go to the National Cherry Blossom Festival and the Smithsonian Folklife Festival, both of which are in DC. Cherry Blossom is the first two weeks of April, Folklife is the weekend before and after the 4th of July. If anyone wants to accompany me, I'd be more than happy to have them along, although I wouldn't reccomend the folklife festival if you have an aversion to hot weather.

On the topic of overheard conversations...here's a gem:

Person 1: "I had the God of War 2 video running until some mom complained and I had to take it out."

Person 2: "Did you tell her that when Jesus comes again, he's going to have a big fiery sword and be lopping people's heads off?"

Person 1: "Yea, I told her he was the only real answer to the Zombie Menace. She didn't buy it though."

If you're like me, you now have a visual of Jesus, resplendent with fiery sword and real gliding action, lopping off the heads of hordes of vicious zombies. Our savior, for real.

So I saw my cousin, briefly, on my way home from the vacation. He's getting married in July, and we were discussing his wedding plans, and it came up that I'm legally allowed to perform marriage ceremonies. So there's a slight chance that I could end up marrying him and his fiance, which would be awesome. However, my extended family would be horrified, so I'm sure it won't happen. It also came up that I can legally (contemplate this for a second) make Holy Water. I'm thinking about marketing Holy Water with the slogan "The power of Christ compels you, bitch!" Punk Holy Water, Holiness with Attitude. . . I like it. Get-rich scheme #456. And also, if there's ever a serious Vampire problem, I'm your woman.

1 comment:

Robert Goodmind said...

its tough to sound smart using it if you don't include a pronunciation key. Saaw-ry sarah